Skip to main content

Don't keep it...

With season's first rain
The city was overjoyed 
Relived of burning sun
Sensation was hard to avoid

The Church's bell rang
And crowd melted to thank
almighty, at the holy hour
But the children had pranks

Kissing on each other's palm 
They rushed towards muddy ground
They slipped, rolled and danced
 Their laughter was more profound

As people rushed out to see
Their eyes and mouth dumbstruck
Two small kids fighting hard to death
Were happily playing in mud-struck 

There and then, children taught a lesson
No words were shared, no efforts were made
A message came in silence, all of them learnt
Ego and enmity are not something to keep but to forbade


Comments

  1. So beautifully said...
    Loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job with the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The story of my city, right about now :D nice work, Simran :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just another day at my school! Excellent piece.
    Rosey Pinkerton's blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad it reminded you of your school day, Rosey :)
      Thank you.

      Delete
  5. Nicely written! And yes nice message in the last line :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marvelous poem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully penned! I liked the irony in the poem..
    Ramya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A pinch of irony is what I love to have in my poems. Thanks, Ramya :)

      Delete
  8. Been there. Done that. So I know what it is.. Beautifully penned!

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you can relate to this.... :)
      Thanks, SiS

      Delete
  9. Hmm. The pic looks like they're jovially playing. But I do hope no fight to death happens. It'd ruin the rains too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow dear ....beautiful and I love it♡♡♡♡♡♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Either positive or negative comments are good because it shows I am still relevant. Hope you enjoyed reading here:-) !!
~Simran

Popular posts from this blog

Forever n Ever

This post has been published by me as a part of the Blog-a-Ton 54 ; the fifty-fourth edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton . It was the first downpour of the season, vanquishing the summer heat. Jia, with her earnest brown eyes, was watching outside through a window glass. She was mesmerized to spot a peacock dancing beautifully on the terrace of a distant building. She saw a crowd standing outside under the cafe roof, waiting for the rain to stop and so that they could continue to walk toward their respective destinations. Jia was a sensitive child and mature beyond an eight year old. There were two kinds of people she found standing under the roof. Some of them were silent and calm enjoying the pleasant rains, like her. Whereas, others were despite being strangers were friendly enough to start a conversation for a while. Jia could see them smiling, exchanging numbers. Maybe they ...

Life's Crux- Had and Lost ( Fiction: 55 )

This post has been published by me as a part of the Blog-a-Ton 30 ; the thirtieth edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton . ''People forgets by the time the loss you faced.  '' So True! Everything seems fine on this sandy beach like any other evening in orange shade. Laughter can be heard by everyone but no one can listen scream. ' ' Hey Sea, You swallowed him, I wont' forgive you even if your waves touches my feet Million times''                                                 Shadorma   (Syllable- 3-5-3-3-7-5)                                                           ...

I Want To Be ''FREE''

This post has been published by me as a part of the Blog-a-Ton 23 ; the twenty-third edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton . The theme for this month is FREE. My Dreams are holding me somewhere strong, startled of grasping goal ... But Hold On!!! Confinement is  shrouding around me, Oh! I'm In an Enigma of divergence , Let me come out from this bounded corral of remorse emotions, Where restriction is self decision is prone, I want to be Free of this agony prone path , I want to fly high like a Free Bird , With colours of joy and rejoice , Assembling peace and satisfaction.. False emotions depleted my dreams, No more I want to dwell myself in this dark .. I want to be ''FREE'' !! The fellow Blog-a-Tonics who took part in this Blog-a-Ton and links to their respective posts can be checked here . To be part of the next edition, visit and start following ...