Skip to main content

Me, Food and Borosil

N
o other delight in the world can match up to the delight that #BeautifulFood gives. Am a great foodie. I believe if one isn't happy in life or bored of same routine then, there is a magic wand that can instantly work on to make one smile and evades worry for sometime is #BeautifulFood  

It strengthens the bond and increases the love for eachother.Above all, food is expressive! 
 I have a lot of memories associated with food. Cooking #BeautifulFood is an art and everyone isn't blessed with it. And you know, am blessed to have many blessed talented Chefs at my home. Grandma, Dad, Mom and Nani ji all of them are skilled in this field. Most of the times, when I am tired and sick of undergoing the fixed routine then food is what that rejuvenate me to get ready for coaching classes just after the school hours. Mom takes good care of my likes and dislikes and so she keeps on making my favorite dishes after frequent breaks. There are a lot of things that she cooks like no one else. I like lady finger with stuffed spices, fried potatoes but more than that her Sindhi Kadhi makes me go crazy. She adds my favorite vegetables which make it healthier and I simply love it!

Grandma, though she is too old but keeps herself maintained and active. She likes to keep herself busy and so kitchen is where she finds her beautiful world. Everyday, she makes lunch for us and the best thing is she asks my choice before I leave for school. Dadi ma makes super delicious butter chicken and anything with do pyaaza. Its aroma is enough to make your mouth watery. I feel like heaven relishing the fresh and intense taste of spices as she prefers to use traditional homemade ones rather packed spices.

My dad and nani ma are the experts. They can make everything and anything. There is no food category they haven't tried and not just tried but expertise themselves. Here I demands and the dish gets ready in a couple of days. I feel extremely blessed when it comes to food. Each day I thank to god after my meal because everyone isn't blessed like me. I used to hate bitter-gourd and I used to ponder why do people love it and eat after all it is bitter in taste. I remember, the day my dad forced me to eat it and I was trying hard to keep myself away at any cost but then I can't see my family disappointed and sad. After a few minutes I went back to him and pleaded, Papa I want to eat those bitter gourds. My words made him extremely happy. I had a bite of it and you won't believe I loved its taste. It was a mix of sweet and bitter as my dad had added fried onions into it. Since then, I count it as one of my most favorite dishes. We often take it along during long journeys. Whenever there is a great event Nani ji makes it even more auspicious with her moong dal halwa. During winters she makes our most famous dish ‘’makke di roti te sarson da saag’’. Ahaa! I am already feeling so hungry after talking about such scrumptious dishes but I won't leave until I share about one of the most important things. 

Mom and dad are very social so very often we have guests at home. Well, guests hain to khaatirdaari to banti hai. After all, that is what makes them feel respected, regarded and remembered. Dad leaves no stone unturn to do so. Are you curious to know how? Besides his delicious cooking he prefers Borosil utensils to make it safe and healthy to eat. First he brought a borosil melamine dinner set then the list got added with borosil tumblers, smart Lid dishes, bowls and plates and recently a casserole. Though all of them fascinate me with their unique design and excellent quality yet I prompted a question on why he is making a collection of Borosil utensils. I always prefer to know his point of views and this time too he gave me a lot of reasons why one should prefer Borosil. The borosil brand embodies over fifty years of dependability. Their promising commitment to quality and perfection makes it different from other brands. Borosil utensils are designed in such a way that it is easy to clean, pleasing to eyes, flame proof, freezer proof and so light in weight that you will forget it is there in your hands and more than that all of them are 100% borosilicate. Simpler, smarter and better to use. He says, ''a good representation is equally important as the taste.'' I can connect to this in a much deeper sense same as Borosil helped me to connect with finger licking dishes.  

This post is written for Indiblogger Contest - '' My Beautiful Food''

Comments

  1. What a way to write a delightful post for the contest! I'm inspired, little one. I wish to participate now!

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  2. masterchef family :D yep tasty food does bring people together :D :p i guess u knw lot to cook :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. “If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good presentation is as important as the taste ... well said ... All the best for the contest :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. haanji kyun nahin.. guest hain to khatirdaari to banti hai ji.. so WHEN DO I COME .. bolo bolo .. I want ot eat all that fooood ..

    my regards to everyone ..

    lovely post simran


    Bikram

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the best simi! Great post.. loved the way you described foodie memories!

    I am finally back to blogging after a long break. Hope I will be regular :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post is so yummy...your description about the special delicious food, that too cooked by such a love and care. :D You are really blessed. Good info shared about Borosil. All the best for the contest...:) Love you dear sis! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Either positive or negative comments are good because it shows I am still relevant. Hope you enjoyed reading here:-) !!
~Simran

Popular posts from this blog

Let it be A Suspense

This post has been published by me as a part of the Blog-a-Ton 31 ; the thirty-first edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton . The theme for the month is 'Strangers in the Night' Oops! I missed my bus  Its Hilarious! to wait   while saying she draws a sad face on the wall.                     Next night... She is before the time and is dumbstruck to see the sad face she sketched now smiling. Sweet, who could be...? Let it be a Suspense!   ''Strangers In The Night'' she writes and leave . The fellow Blog-a-Tonics who took part in this Blog-a-Ton and links to their respective posts can be checked here . To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton . Introduced By: Someone is Special , Participation Count: 06

जिंदगी क्या भरोसा?

  पल पल चलती जिंदगी का क्या भरोसा? कौन सा पल अंतिम होगा क्या भरोसा? जिंदगी छोटी है.. कितनी छोटी है ये जिंदगी क्या भरोसा? जिंदगी खेल है, जिसका कई लोगों से मेल है , बहुत  कुछ सिखाती है , बहुत कुछ बताती है , बहुत कुछ  छुपाती  है  ये  जिंदगी , कौन सा  पल  सच्चा  है  , कौन  सा  जूठा .. क्या  भरोसा ? चलती -  चलाती  आगे  बढ़ाती   गाढ़ी   है  जिंदगी , किस  मोड़  पर  आके  रुके  क्या  भरोसा ? एक  पल  ख़ुशी  , एक  पल  उदासी , एक  पल  प्यार , एक  पल  खटास  है  ये  जिंदगी . जिंदगी  पहेली  है , जिसने  पहचान  ली  वो  इसकी   सहेली  है , जिंदगी  बिजली  की   रफ़्तार  चलती  है  जिसके  आगे  अच्छे  - अच्छों  की  नहीं  चलती  है .. एक  पल  से  एक  पल  का  सिलसिला  है  जिंदगी , वक़्त   से  किस्मत  का  फासला  है  जिंदगी , कब  कौन  सा   हादसा  हो  जाये  क्या  भरोसा ?

Life's Crux- Had and Lost ( Fiction: 55 )

This post has been published by me as a part of the Blog-a-Ton 30 ; the thirtieth edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton . ''People forgets by the time the loss you faced.  '' So True! Everything seems fine on this sandy beach like any other evening in orange shade. Laughter can be heard by everyone but no one can listen scream. ' ' Hey Sea, You swallowed him, I wont' forgive you even if your waves touches my feet Million times''                                                 Shadorma   (Syllable- 3-5-3-3-7-5)                                                                             (In context with the Fiction written above) The time's lap Makes everything  Oblivion  I'm martyr An exception, I lament  Grieve! Lost someone The fellow Blog-a-Tonics who took part in this Blog-a-Ton and