Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Letter

The postman came with a letter. Ten years had been passed in a wait and when I gave up every hope, it came like a savior. I’d never expected that my only son, Rohan would change to become a stranger for his own dad who loved him more than himself. I ran towards the gate though my feet refused, almost wilted. As I opened to read it, a strange fear enveloped me. It wasn’t from Rohan but from my wife, Simran, whom I had murdered exactly ten years back from today. Her innocent wrinkled face appeared before me. I gasped.

Word Count: 100

8 comments:

  1. Woooahhhhh! No wonder his son became a stranger to him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ghostly. Wonder what was in the letter :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe a letter that took 10 years to reach

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so intriguing! Imagining things that can happen next...

    ReplyDelete
  5. oohh!! Spooky! A letter from the dead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oohh!! Spooky! A letter from the dead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello Simran! it's always nice to visit you. Glad to see you are still writing! this is an intriguing write. I want to read more! Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It produces strange feel! Nice attempt

    ReplyDelete

Either positive or negative comments are good because it shows I am still relevant. Hope you enjoyed reading here:-) !!
~Simran