Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Antique

With an obligate I opened drawer
I knew what I wanted , a crate.  
Enveloped with the layers of dust it was
I smeared over with care so as to 
sanctify it with an eulogy and love
That she blessed me with! 
A pair of luster gold bangles  
Grandma gave them to me ages back
They still have the same resplendence 
As fresh as that day in my memory
My eyes are wet and heart ecstatic 
For, now it's my turn to keep our ethic 
I'll consign them to my granddaughter 
Before I bid an adieu to the beautiful bride 


Composed for A to Z Challenge
  

13 comments:

  1. Oh how nice :) Generation to generation, the antiques pass. I know that tradition. I don't have any, but I know of it :) Nicely written Sims.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you participating in this challenge ... a treat from you daily :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Generation to generation..you should've posted the pic of it as well. Liked it so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautifully written tradition Simran! i like the pic. as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you find it beautiful, Hope :)
      Yes, I too like it... thanks dear

      Delete
  5. ..beautifully written Simran..yes..generation to generation the antiques pass. the golden bangles depicts values,traditions,womanhood...it is a treasure trove that you inherited from ur grandmother..
    ..keep writing.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have you here, Rigzin.
      Thank you so much. Happy writing to you as well :)

      Delete
  6. beautifully writen...soo touched simran

    my recent one :http://www.vanitynoapologies.com/2014/04/mac-cream-color-base-improper-copper-review-swatches.html#more-8661

    ReplyDelete

Either positive or negative comments are good because it shows I am still relevant. Hope you enjoyed reading here:-) !!
~Simran